Personalized Non Pharmaceutical Medicine
COMPREHENSIVE Female Hormone Balancing Program
(Package Price $1050, normally$1300. Cost of lab tests and hormones not included)
Women at any age can experience hormone imbalances resulting in various symptoms and metabolic derangements. Hormones are integral to virtually all body function. It is for this reason that Dr. Liebowitz does a complete assessment of hormone status by blood tests to fully evaluate the hormone profile. Testing on the first visit is done by blood to determine levels of all the female hormones, DHEA, thyroid, vitamin D, and blood sugar metabolism.
- A detailed medical interview and physical exam is performed.
- Ultrasound of the uterus
- Thermal Breast Scan (Thermography)
- Body weight and body composition measurement.
- The doctor then explains in detail normal hormone function and explains the patient’s results.
- Nutrition Consultation
- Exercise guidelines
- This initial visit may last from 60-90 minutes depending on the complexity of the problem.
- If hormones are indicated Rhythmic Bioidentical Estradiol, Progesterone and Testosterone are prescribed usually as a transdermal or transmucosal cream and can be dispensed at the time of the visit (but not included in the price of the consult).
- Many times nutritional supplements are also recommended.
By the end of the first visit, the patient will have a plan for hormone replacement (if needed), nutritional guidelines, exercise guidelines, nutritional supplement recommendations, follow up testing to further evaluate and adjust the hormones, and recommendations for further testing.
On the second visit the level of hormone replacement in the blood is checked as well as breast cancer risk, adrenal gland function, thyroid function, growth hormone levels and recommendations for adjusting the doses.
Prior to the third visit, Dr. Liebowitz usually gets a 24 hour urine test to evaluate how the patient is metabolizing the estrogen and if there appear to be any markers for increased breast cancer risk
Many women feel better shortly after the first visit, while some women are more difficult to balance and may require several follow ups to “get it right”.
- Follow up visits are typically 30 minutes either in person or by phone ($250).
COMPREHENSIVE Male Hormone Balancing Program
(Package Price $875, normally $1080. Cost of lab tests and hormones not included)
It is becoming more commonly recognized that as men age, they would benefit from hormone replacement just as much as women would. Men often do not recognize the symptoms of hormone decline, mistaking them for “normal ageing”. Often men will complain to their doctor about the symptoms and not even have hormones tested. If hormones are tested, most often, the wrong tests are done, leaving the culprit of the problem undetermined. Hormone replacement for men is fast becoming common and acceptable. The benefits for men are similar to those for women in terms of metabolism, improved function, energy, motivation and strength.
- The assessment is 60-90 minutes of an in-depth health interview
- Evaluation of nutrition, exercise and hormone status determined by blood testing.
- All other major hormones and blood sugar metabolism are also evaluated.
- Body composition test
- Physical exam including prostate check.
- If male hormones (primarily testosterone and DHEA) are determined to be low, bioidentical hormones are prescribed, either as a transdermal cream or injectible.
- Pros and cons of each modality are discussed. A personalized plan is created including hormone replacement, nutrition, exercise and supplement recommendations.
- Heart disease risk assessment with evaluation of the Berkeley Heart Panel and Cholesterol treatment plan.
* A follow up visit ($250 for 30 minutes) is requested approximately 8-10 weeks later to evaluate results of the plan and make necessary adjustments.
Most men feel better within a week of starting the program.
In addition to Men’s Health, Dr.Liebowitz also has extensive experience with male emotional and relationship issues. He has been a team leader in MDI (Men’s Division International) an offshoot of the Sterling Institute of Relationship.
BASIC Female Hormone Balancing Program($550)
(Ultrasound of the uterus is required prior to starting hormones. Cost of lab tests and hormones not included)
- Evaluation and interpretation of the major female hormones
- Evaluation and interpretation of Thyroid blood tests
- Physical exam
- Prescription for Bio-Identical Rhythmic hormones if indicated
BASIC Male Hormone Balancing Program ($550)
(Cost of lab tests and hormones not included)
- Evaluation and interpretation of the major male hormones
- Evaluation and interpretation of Thyroid blood tests
- Physical Exam and Prostate exam
- Prescription for Male hormones if indicated
Pelvic Ultrasound (Female) $150
Thermal Breast Exam (Thermography) $245
Nutrition Consultation $175
Body Composition $25
Oxidative Medicine Therapy (Ozone Therapy)
Ozone Therapy, is a popular German, non-pharmaceutical option for many ailments. Ozone is a gas generated from oxygen. When administered to the body it saturates tissues with oxygen, up regulates the immune system, decreases inflammation and promotes healing.It is also toxic to bacteria,viruses, fungus and cancer cells but innocuous to normal cells.
It has been helpful in many conditions such as common cold and flu, adrenal depletion, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, hepatitis C, Epstein Barr virus, peripheral vascular disease, wound healing, ulcers, burns, ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, proctitis, rectal fissures, chronic cystitis, autoimmune diseases, cancer, stroke and more.
Treatment modalities vary from “ozone transfusion” to rectal or bladder infusions, topically to wounds and burns, or joint injections.
Pricing varies according to treatment modality. Major Auto Hemotherapy $250; Minor Hemotherapy $75; Vaginal Insufflation $75; Rectal Insufflation $100; Bladder Insufflation $100; Joint ,Tendon or Trigger Point Prolozone Injections $75-$175: Open Wound Ozone Therapy $85-$200
Dr. Liebowitz’ detoxification program involves nutritional counseling, cleansing gut smoothies, oral supplements, intravenous anti oxidants, chelation therapy and ozone therapy.
Personalized detoxification programs are designed based on specific need and goals.
Pricing varies based on treatment plan.
Cholesterol management and Cardiac Disease Risk Reduction
Dr. Liebowitz specializes in safe, non-pharmaceutical cholesterol reduction. With the information obtained from the Berkeley Heart Lab profile, he customizes a personalized plan for lowering cholesterol naturally without the use of toxic pharmaceutical agents. The Berkeley Heart Lab is a specialized lab developed with extensive research by Dr. Robert Superko. Initially established to treat familial, genetic cholesterol problems, it is open to the public. The testing includes cholesterol fractions often overlooked as well as genetic testing. Treatment often comprises a combination of genetically directed nutritional guidelines and supplements. Rarely a very difficult cholesterol problem may require medication.
Functional Medicine and Digestive Health
The digestive track is home to 70% of our immune system. When there is an imbalance in the gut it is no surprise that it commonly leads to a more systemic problem. Traditional medicine primarily focuses on treating symptoms without seeking to uncover the underlying cause. Functional Medicine is a discipline of medicine that strives to correct the cause of the illness rather than just the symptoms. Most illnesses we face today are caused by inflammation. Functional Medicine focuses on the Nutritional and digestive basis of inflammation and how to correct it. Testing is done with a comprehensive stool analysis sent to Metametrix labs, where a DNA probe is performed. Results of this testing precisely identifies the presence of candida, parasites, pathologic organisms, opportunistic organisms, wheat intolerance, ph, markers of inflammation, absorption, digestive enzyme function and more. Food intolerance testing performed by the ALCAT lab, tests white blood cell responses to 150 different foods. Additional testing is done assessing amino acid levels, nutrient and oxidation levels. Treatment is customized to the findings. Many patients are able to find relief from ailments that have been bothering them for many years and never successfully treated.
Prices vary based on ailment. Test prices available upon request, and vary by each laboratory.